Day 3-11

Started out with a veggie omelette, 3+ cups of coffee, and a huge plate of breakfast potatoes at the Seiad Valley Diner. Got on trail later than planned and the first 7 miles was all road 🥴 the first 2 were paved highway, next 4 paved county road, and last two gravel. I have been climbing non-stop all day, following a few rivers and streams back up into the mountains. Took a great swim under one of the many bridges across the river; the only relief from the 85 degrees heat so far today. As of 3:30 I've climbed 2935ft and looking at the map, I haven't reached the steep part yet.

Ended up getting to camp right at 8pm. Final stats ended up being climbing 6027ft in 21.6 miles. This campsite is beautiful but there are 20 something deer that keep harassing me and the other hikers camping here.
Did not end up with cell service once all day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3-20

Day 3-22

Day 3-19