Day 3-9
Got a late start again today, on the trail around 750. Little bit of metal walking and then it's been mostly ridgelines to the California border. Even saw a cooler of trail magic and had a lukewarm Sprite. Lots of water today, making for light carries. Saw some deer, hummingbirds, cows, and some poorly behaved unleashed dogs who pooped on the trail and the owner did not bother to pick it up.
Reach the California border around 1:45, did some celebrating in the form of dancing and throwing water in the air. I have now officially walked the entire length of organ on the PCT. Continuing down from the border into a big valley with no cell service only to then climb out of that same valley on the other side over Big Ridge. I was making good Pace so I thought I could maybe make it to 50k, but the sun won this round. Ended up making 28.6 mi I believe. At one point I paused my watch and missed 0.5 mi of tracking but I'm hoping I can fix that in the TCX data when I have Wi-Fi and Seiad valley. Couldn't find a great campsite but found one that did the job. I picked up some ear plugs in Ashland and those were amazing for falling asleep.
Comments
Post a Comment