Day 3-5

Got an early start, took a quick hot shower at fish lake, and then got on the trail just a tad before 7:45. First 5-10 miles were all volcanic rock which was a pain to hike over. Did not hit my goal of 12 by 12:00 but I did hit 12.15 at 12:15. Speaking of which, there was a cool hiker cabin at mile 12 where I got to chat with a couple from Germany. 
Second half of the day was classic Oregon tunnel; just hiking through trees with no views or ridges. I started looking for a campsite around mile 20 and none came up until 22.5ish so I'm sure my feet will make me pay the price tomorrow. 34 miles from Ashland and next resupply. I'm going to aim for another 20 tomorrow so I can cruise into town in the early afternoon Sunday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3-20

Day 3-22

Day 3-19