Post Trip Update

To all my loyal readers: thanks for following along over the last month! I am back home in Seattle writing this from my desk with Milly watching over my every move.

I ended up hiking 481 official trail miles in 29 days (with one zero day in Cascade Locks) and 515 miles total. I'm happy to be home but also very sad to be off the trail. I remember at the beginning of the trip when I was struggling to hike 15-18 miles a day but I would talk to northbounders who started in Mexico and they were knocking out 25-35 mile days. By the end of the trip 22 miles felt easy so I got in shape just in time to be unable to take advantage of all the progress 😆. It's crazy to think that after a month I STILL have about 2200 miles left to complete. Hopefully I'll be able to knock out some of the remaining Oregon sections on long weekends but California will be a 1,700 mi beast to tackle one of these days. Averaging 18 miles a day, California will take around 3 months so we'll see when I can schedule that around work. Until then, I'm back to running the Seattle streets and enjoying the luxuries of city life (mostly Chipotle).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3-20

Day 3-22

Day 3-19