PCT Day 7 - Aug 27
AM: Campsite wasn't great but did the job . Water is scarce on this leg so I'm going to have to carry an extra couple of liters all day. It's gonna be a long and hot one. Getting an early start and going to try and take a nice long lunch break. Probably won't have cell service again until Tuesday. Hopefully today will be a little bit more photogenic.
Took a nice lunch break by the spring at my halfway point. Talked to some guys from new Zealand. It's getting hot out. This spring is 102 miles south of my starting point; that's 20% complete of my goal.
PM Update: long long day. 21 miles with 5,300 up and 4,100; I think that makes it my highest elevation day so far. Was getting a bit discouraged from the heat and exhaustion but I eventually made it to a really nice flat campsite. Saw some Elk climbing over the hill while I was cooking dinner. I'm 30 miles from Chinook Pass and a nice break.
Comments
Post a Comment